Gå till innehåll

Båtlivet i USA

Lars Ström

Nu när du inte har en buss. Skulle det inte bli läckert att glasa in delen där bussen stått som ett bättre uterum? Man skulle kunna ha en bilport i det till och med :)

• Tack! 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

@Gasglad..Tack,

Har flera gånger funderat på att klä in alltihopa så det blir ett enda stort hus..kanske blir så i framtiden om Vi blir kvar..

En bättre lösning är att hitta en annan större tomt med bra läge och bygga ett helt nytt och sälja Gwen Ln..

Vi får se..men för stunden blir det nog ingenting..

Länk till kommentar

Gillar inte alls bock-emblemen på pickisen..men nu är allt borta.

Rent och fint..👍

341DC6F7-2B3F-463D-8538-EDAFCC39485F.jpeg

E0B037A0-D7BD-44A7-98B6-E0A83E707C79.jpeg

EEAFE2CA-7579-4320-BF13-CD2827AFFFA4.jpeg

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar

Svetsfirman tillverkade exakt min tänkta T koppling för påfyllnings slangen.

Lång dag montera och tänka ut installationen men blev riktigt bra.

Bilder kommer senare i kväll.

Kall öl i garaget nu..😃

BD94708E-FE7C-4B32-9B23-0CA485CB0FED.jpeg

3B87A654-D1FD-48E4-87A5-08E1EB2284C6.jpeg

Länk till kommentar

Allt blev bättre än jag tänkt. Mycket trångt och nära millimeter passning fast det var tum.

Det enda okända är om det finns något otät i kranen vid tanken eller på stora slangen frå  tanklocket till tanken.

Tankar jag fullt på flaket och i original tanken kan jag köra över 3000 miles utan bränsle stopp..

Känns som frihet i dessa märkliga tider..😀

Blandade bilder om någon vill kolla.

PS

En sak är kvar..fixa avluftningen och en gjordsladd

4BC5C1A5-6A82-4AC6-BC77-8E428FE38A8C.jpeg

2853F695-888D-4A3F-93B3-82361C01C658.jpeg

81EDACEA-5328-4833-9A46-23E3083483FE.jpeg

6CC3F0BE-47DB-48AA-B1E5-CCD41C11992C.jpeg

E24D8AD4-1F70-4E19-ADF3-89C947244CF5.jpeg

E92650B5-F789-4BB5-917E-89D4C81B3E25.jpeg

C97BEF85-A184-407A-9105-6797240553AF.jpeg

7D317F76-4CB1-412A-9247-7AF4F8D3E4F1.jpeg

• Tumme upp 6
Länk till kommentar

💦☀️SUNDAY POOLSIDE YOGA STARTS THIS WEEK AT THE ENCORE☀️💦
❕❕Did we mention
poolside yoga is FREE❕❕
🚨No registration required!🚨
May through September | 10:00am
__
💧💧In the case of rain, yoga will be moved to the Skybar! Seriously, check out this view!

encore.jpg

• Tumme upp 1
Länk till kommentar

Hade precis samma setup på min Chevy 2500HD truck..och fann det mycket bra.

Enda skillnaden var att den drog mycket mer diesel så man kom inte lika långt på en tank.

Däremot kan man ju alltid köpa bränsle för bästa pris i bästa state för lägre pris.

Häröver är det ente ens nära samma pris överallt..Skiljer enormt mellan staterna.

DSCN8797 (Medium).JPG

DSCN8798 (Medium).JPG

DSCN8799 (Medium).JPG

Länk till kommentar

Scot textade mig igår och ville bjuda på middag onbord Restless Soul..men Vi är ju inte kvar i Stuart..

Synd hade velat se fina båten.

On March 2, 2022 we departed Marathon Florida for the Bahamas. We have traveled roughly 740 miles. The most we paid for diesel was $6.22 and the least was $5.04. I won’t say how many gallons, but lets just say it was several.
We returned to Stuart Florida arriving today around 1PM. We left West End on Grand Bahama Island this morning around 6:15am. We extended our departure by 2 days hoping for better weather. It has been very windy with seas on the 5’ and 6’ range. We were expecting a following sea in the low 2’s. When we departed it was 3’+ on the beam, so we were rolling. About half way over it smoothed out and we had a nice ride in.
When you are a foreign vessel visiting a country you are required to fly a courtesy flag. Below is a picture of ours after the trip. It was beat up pretty bad.
We are in Stuart, FL until next Tuesday. When you have been gone for 8 weeks, you have quite the plethora of Amazon packages waiting for you when you arrive. We are getting the oil changed, bottom cleaned and some other odds and ends. Cassie is coming back to the boat this Friday. I have a keynote in Palm Beach on Sunday and Monday. We are then off to Cape Canaveral.

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

• Tumme upp 1
Länk till kommentar

Man kan köpa en sån här trailer och ha efter bilen om man inte vill ha tanken på pickupen..😃

PRODUCT DETAILS

The Gas Trailer® Sportsman 110 Deluxe Portable Fuel Trailer is practically a portable gas station on wheels. Equipped with a fast-flowing 15-gpm electric pump and an automatic shutoff nozzle, this fuel trailer flows at a rate nearly twice most gas station pumps, for quick and efficient refueling operations. In addition to the Sportsman Deluxe's efficiency, its reinforced strength gives it the portable versatility needed to deliver and pump fuel wherever it's needed. With the Sportsman Deluxe, gone are the days of getting dragged down by hauling small containers and small amounts of fuel or needing a team of people to transport large volumes of fuel. This model's 110-gal. tank provides the perfect volume of fuel needed on a portable platform that makes it easy for 1 person to handle the entire refueling job themselves. 102"L x 48"W x 48"H.

• 15-gpm electric pump
  • Automatic shutoff nozzle

8231F4A6-10BE-4099-AACB-342C05844701.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Förvirrad 1
Länk till kommentar

On 2022-04-28 at 15:46, Lars Ström sade:

Chevy 2500HD truck

Vad använde du dragkulan mitt i flaket till? 

• Tack! 1
Länk till kommentar

Grymt häftigt med gooseneck-trailer på en pickis. 
Synd att det är så ovanligt/krångligt/omöjligt att regga ett sånt ekipage i Sverige 

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Förhoppningsvis är allt klart med tanken nu.

Avluftning i rostfritt med kran och tjock jordsladd till ramen.

3B2BDB7B-8AC0-4C39-8803-280A805FCA80.jpeg

D3F12AEA-E42D-4B06-BD77-CE0FC57DF4AF.jpeg

7C17B720-E1C7-415A-BBFE-ADF9230312BD.jpeg

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar

April 30 1975 I started the craziest boat race of them all.
One day later we where in the Rouen 24 hours winner’s circle..

(This was my first race as an Evinrude factory driver for OMC 1975)

The racing season in Europe normally starts with the Rouen 24 Hours, but I was invited to South Africa earlier 1975 and drove the famous BP 200..(PB 200 story here)..https://svera.se/blogg/racing-historier/1975-2/
I was not crazy about being part of the Rouen race but it was part of my contract with OMC
I flew to OMC in Belgium a week before the race to help out rigging the boat.
Important for me to have power trim buttons and some other things my way.
The rules said three drivers per boat and OMC recommended using two OMC test drivers who where my size.
Two SE class Clerici boats was prepared at the OMC factory. One for me and one for Roger Jenkins.
Roger was a fun man to hang out with..strong personality and Roger was in racing to win..but so was I.
We installed head lights and other “funny things” on the boat. Racing non stop for 24 hours means driving at night in the darkness and the commercial barge traffic was in business 24/7.

When we got there, it was a lot of boats and most of them were thick fiberglass cats run by local French people.
The next surprise was that the race was run clockwise
around the island!!!!
I was not used to right hand turns but raced and won the 2-hour of Duvnäsviken, Sweden the year before.. that was my only experience with right turns in boat racing.
As usual in France were all info in French only, and I understood nothing of what was said at the driver’s meeting, which lasted over an hour.
Paul Kalb..the new racing boss for Europe did not understand anything either but told me that I was responsible for the entire race planning.
Paul wanted me to start the race and hopefully drive the last hours to finish the race.

My plan was 2-hour shifts because lots of incidents happen in the pit.
The Clerici boat turned poorly when heavy but to many stops with 1.5 hour shifts.

We were out testing a number of times at practice..the waves from the commercial barge traffic was bad bad..but one side of the island the water was little bit smoother.
Well remember that famous Leif “Honken” Holmqvist of Sweden drove a V-bottom boat in the SD class and he came and asked me about the crazy water conditions.
His Volvo Penta powered V-bottom behaved strangely on the rough side of the island.

The start was sometime during the middle of the day and lots of boats took off at the same time. I got a great start and was one of the lead boats but on the other side of the island..all the heavy fiberglass cats came flying by in the extremely rough water.
Wow, I needed to slow down and save the equipment for the last hour instead of try to lead in the beginning of the race. Next thing in my head was..I am pretty stupid to be part of this 24 hour race.
Time for cruise control, we refueled and changed drivers a few times in daylight before it got dark, cold and rainy…!!
One of my shifts in the middle of the night went well .. but the next one like 4 a clock in the morning began with a flying experience from a big wave that I could not see on the back of the island.
I landed on top of one another race boat..the driver of that boat was OK but his boat sank..
that was good for me because I could get back to the pit .. where we took the boat out of the water..
Repaired the damage and replaced the gearcase/ propeller and then we went back on the water to race further into the darkness…!!
At dawn we were a few laps behind Jenkins and the other SE class leaders.
Jenkins now disappeared from the race..his time for trouble and had to spend sometime on the trailer for repair.
Now there was a chance for us to win, so I drove like a mad man for the last hours of the race.
A Rouen 24 Hours SE class victory was now reality..extremely fun and a perfect start as a factory pilot for Evinrude.
After the race we return to the OMC Bruges to rig a new Burgess boat for the OE/Formula 3 World Championship race in Aix-les-Bains also France.

https://svera.se/blogg/racing-histor...24-hours-1975/

100_7591.jpg

Screenshot (39).png

Rouen-75.jpg.3dad0afdb74a21d2a51c651869955283.jpg

Screenshot (40).png

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

• Tumme upp 2
  • Tack! 2
Länk till kommentar

Nu ligger Merlyns Sea Ray 500 på första platsen till höger på Gas-Dock. Han kan kolla sin båt

både från krogen och sitt kontor under.

encore sr500.jpeg

6DD9F7F6-F88D-43A0-A4D8-1B8E21F6AAAB.jpeg

• Tumme upp 1
Länk till kommentar

Blev full i skratt när jag såg denna bild idag av flera anledningar..!! (Eriksdalsbadet)

Känns som detta kan mätas med dagens pooler här på LOTO krogarna..!!..😀

eriksdalsbadet...jpg

Länk till kommentar

Dom är rejält byggda dessa plåtgrunkor..!!

hmm.jpg

• Förvirrad 1
Länk till kommentar

On 2022-04-27 at 20:12, Lars Ström sade:
💦☀️SUNDAY POOLSIDE YOGA STARTS THIS WEEK AT THE ENCORE☀️💦
❕❕Did we mention
poolside yoga is FREE❕❕
🚨No registration required!🚨
May through September | 10:00am
__
💧💧In the case of rain, yoga will be moved to the Skybar! Seriously, check out this view!

encore.jpg

Carina var till Encore för Yoga i morse.

Nej..jag vill inte vara med..😃

3F82ED1B-D74A-4285-A643-DC5954610B6E.jpeg

• Haha 2
Länk till kommentar

Andra bilden är Fisher Island idag.

Miami History

On May 1, 1918, Dana A. Dorsey purchased what would later become Fisher Island from Herman B. Walker for $25,000. Dorsey's plan was to build a black resort on the island, but the plan never materialized. The photo is of Fisher Island in 1918.
Courtesy of Florida State Archives.

miami 1918.jpg

fisher.jpg

Länk till kommentar

125 METERS PRODUCTION HANGER – NEW DIMENSIONS, NEW POSSIBILITIES..

stor.jpg

• Tumme upp 3
Länk till kommentar

Var till VW i Columbia idag för en ”recall” på Carinas Jetta som VW står för. 
(Någon med bränsleinsprutningen i motorn)

Självklart  letade dom andra fel och hittade någon form av metallbit i ena bakdäcket. Inget luftläck fanns dock.

Satt nära däcksidan och det brukar innebära nytt däck..vilket dom erbjöd sig att fixa genom att villa byta alla däcken samt hjulinställning för en total kostnad av 1200 dollar.

Nä..gör ingenting  blev mitt svar till service mottagaren. (Han blev klart irriterad)

Så vi lämnade haket och körde till Sams Club dit Carina ville i alla fall.

Dom hade extra pris på däck dom garanterar för 60000 Miles. (BF Goodrich som idag ägs av Michelin)

Kostnad 500 dollar.

Nu vågar man ju inte tala om för Rick att man varit till Sams Club för nya däck..men lite långt till hans däckfirma i Florida..

(Original däcken var av låg kvalitet..nästan slut efter endast 26000 Miles) 4200 svenska mil.

😃

2BA88A7B-5421-47B7-93BF-48A5BCD3C475.jpeg

64F5212A-08C2-497A-8145-EFEE9E534F1F.jpeg

Länk till kommentar