Gå till innehåll

Båtlivet i USA

Lars Ström

Gissar att vi har en svensk morfar i krokarna.

Har sett bilen tidigare men igår låg jag bakom.

4FB43B9E-693B-4AB4-BC68-D3828CE9A6C6.jpeg

488636BA-230F-4569-9967-FEFA3BE4F80C.jpeg

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Såld av en här..

Jamen motorn är ju för segelbåt..med superlång rigg..

säger jag men han struntar i det.

75D0EF40-A3ED-48AD-B181-07FF10DAFFBE.jpeg

FC3B8318-B796-4730-B1C9-DC3AFE914DF9.jpeg

11E396CD-1B1B-420E-A0D3-E9598468D673.jpeg

Länk till kommentar

OMC Cobra – Performance Strikes

In 1985, OMC introduced the Cobra Sterndrive with great fanfare and immediate success. The ads and catalog featured direct “in-your-face” comparisons to MerCruiser underscoring the Cobra’s advantages. It was designed to give MerCruiser stiff competition being more durable, more serviceable and more corrosion resistant. Hydraulic lines were shielded & hidden. It could be operated in any trim position. The gimbal ring could be serviced without removing the engine. The vertical driveshaft operated in a protective bath. Automotive high-solids paints produced a lustrous finish backed by beefed-up anode protection. All clear advantages over the MerCruiser.
**Teething Problems **- OMC quickly earned contracts with market volume leaders Bayliner and SeaRay, plus several smaller builders. Unfortunately, all the significant design advantages were overshadowed by a seemingly minor issue. Due to problems with the inner shift cable core, shifting problems occurred.The inner core would bind within the protective sleeve and cable problems could lead to issues with the dog clutch. While an initial distraction, it was not a difficult fix. Better installation training for boat builders and dealers was also initiated.
The Cobra Gets More Bite - In 1986, OMC got even more in MerCruiser’s face with the introduction of the King Cobra backed by a massive 340hp high-performance 7.5liter Ford V8. In 1987, Cobra sales skyrocketed by 87 percent over the preceding year while high-performance jumped again with a 370hp King Cobra. With strong support from Ford the Cobra line-up saw increasing horsepower increases over the following years.
**The Snake Gets A Partner **- In 1992, a joint venture with Volvo was formed. Volvo would own 60 percent and OMC 40 percent and a new modern production facility was built in Lexington, Tennessee. OMC officially went out of the stern drive business in 1998 when Volvo purchased the rights and the manufacturing facility in Lexington.

cobra1985.jpg

• Tumme upp 1
  • Tack! 1
Länk till kommentar

Inte bara jänkare som lastar märkligt..

Detta ekipage kom in från Canada nyss.

B764E4FA-D9E0-41A5-9850-789DD800D403.jpeg

• Tumme upp 1
Länk till kommentar

Den här Uttern HT båten som far omkring i Oxelösund är ju rätt speciell..!!

UtternV8.jpg

510a.jpg

510b.jpg

510c.jpg

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar

20 minuters kö på Sams Club idag. Dom hade specialpris på bensin och diesel.

Vart tvungen att fylla upp..

519CE762-E311-45D2-A78F-B91D176BFC96.jpeg

Länk till kommentar

Today January 29 is my best friend and wife's birthday. For over 33 years ago I asked Carina to leave Sweden for "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" in the USA. 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Probably one of my best decision ever..!!
After many years of living in different fancy motor-homes, boats, ranch/farm, waterfront houses, condos, apartments we changed life style and Carina picked a simple Vibe for this winter.
Thanks, hugs and Happy Birthday Carina.❤️❤️❤️
I was looking for one picture but could not pick the right one..here is a few

ca1.jpg

ca2.jpg

ca3.jpg

• Tumme upp 8
Länk till kommentar

Very proud of this..!!
Rune Månzon, the reporter at Swedish Daily News
wrote this front page story about my brother Lennart and me in May, 1990
Our UIM F3 "The Champ's" team Burgess/Evinrude boats looked like two Jumbo Jet 747..!!..according Rune..
Lennart and I was fancy dressed up to look alike at this promotion for our team.
Carina was our spoke person and we got plenty of attention.
Even more when Lennart was the winner of the Stockholm F3 GP a few weeks later. His older brother could not keep up with him at that time.
Great memories.👍❤️

dn00.jpg

• Tumme upp 7
Länk till kommentar

This is a great video from the OMC F1-V8 race in Minneapolis 1985. (First year for the 6 inch mid section/fuel injection)
I did not take many laps for the leader Gene to lap the fastest Merc boat. (Steve de Souza)
Enjoy.

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar

Nu har vi bokat en plats här för nästa vinter också.

En stor hörna bredvid poolen och klubbhuset där Carina har sina Zumba klasser.

Vi blir rundningsmärke med mera trafik och buller men vill prova en annan plats.

Allt är fullbokat för nästa vinter och dom har hissat priserna ordentligt.

Dessutom 5 månader minimum 

8082CCD9-9CC0-4FC9-8369-92CBFB2D0D6C.jpeg

AAEAC8DC-28B8-4A95-90FC-2885605911FF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Tumme upp 4
Länk till kommentar

Well..Viben är en enkel lösning på att vara på varmare platser över vintern. Dessutom lätt och bekymmerslöst.

På lite längre sikt är nog ett fast boende i Florida eller på annan ort i världen mest troligt..men vem vet..!!

• Tumme upp 2
Länk till kommentar

En vän här på resortet vi lärt känna
Han är förlamad från en dykolycka och bor här själv.

Kan köra bil och pickupen har en lyftkran.

Charmig kille och han säger att han hade tur..många får skador så dom inte kan ta sig runt själva.

Fundera på det en stund..!!

2511FA42-BC8F-453B-B13D-94CFFDED9FEE.jpeg

5F948C3B-0607-4140-ABED-F4FEA9EC6EDC.jpeg

D3239221-202C-415B-B78E-476B081C4FBE.jpeg

0A7F7D3C-F94E-40E1-878E-3575D0F51D26.jpeg

D352689E-D707-476D-8A0B-622CABA19351.jpeg

6D118E29-425E-4C03-91E8-DEB244D09372.jpeg

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar